Fish Paste is a very Asian preparation. Generally across all East Asian and SEA countries fish paste is a very common dish. Other than fish, other meats are also commonly use to make paste and form into meat products like fish/meat balls, fried fish/meat pancakes, fish/meat stuffings in vegetables.
Fish paste is made from flaking of fish meat (no bones & skin) and beating it till it is gluey and pasty. This offering is using only Tenggiri (Mackerel) Fish. The meat is slightly grey in colour unlike some other fish could be very white. A little pinch of salt is added to form the paste. There is no need to flavour with salt during use.
How to prepare
1. Fish is very sensitive to temperature. So defrost the paste in chiller overnight.
2. In a large bowl, beat/stir vigorously the paste with a long handle spoon (or use an electric cake mixer).
3. The frozen icicles will melt away to a pasty mixture. It is ready to cook.
4. Optional, to add an egg white and/or finely chopped spring onions and/or finely chopped carrots or water chestnut and/or fragrant cooking oil/sesame oil and/or pepper for taste.
5. After defrost and prepared, cook fish paste into balls (into boiling water) or pan fry into fish pancake. Store extra servings in freezer (in cooked form) for later use.
6. Never refreeze prepared raw fish paste. It will become fishy in smell.
Tenggiri Fish Paste
- Brand: Local Seafood
- Product Code:Fish-Tenggiri Paste 500g
- Availability:In Stock